Friday, July 5, 2013

Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Squares

My grandson wanted me to make chocolate coated cheesecake pops for him but I found a much easier recipe.  It is called Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Squares.  It is very easy and very good:)

You will need:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 finely chopped pecans(optional)
1/4 cup butter melted

2 8 oz  packages of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 ts. vanilla extract

12 ounces chocolate chips of your choice...I used both milk and semi sweet chocolate chips



Line a 9 inch square pan with foil:



Crush the graham cracker crumbs, crush the pecans and mix with the melted butter:



Press into the bottom of the foil lined pan:



Beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth:




Add eggs and vanilla and beat on low until combined:


Pour into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes:




Take out of oven and cool.  Then cover it and put it in the freezer overnight.  Next day take out, slice into small squares and dip into melted chocolate.



My grandson helping dip the cheesecake squares:




Yum..the family having chocolate chip cookies and the cheesecake squares:



Don't worry they all ate the cheesecake squares after they finished the cookies, lol.

Keep these in the refrigerator so the chocolate doesn't melt.  Store in freezer for longer.

Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those cheesecake squares sound so easy to do! I'll bet they were good too! Love the story, Lisa.

    Kathy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy.

      They were really good and easy. I have already made two batches for the kids.:)

      Delete
  2. look like buckeyes we make at Christmas time :)

    I wish you well...

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buckeyes. They will be on my Christmas cookie trays this year:)

      Delete