Hello everyone. Mike and I have done as much as we can without other people being involved. Now we have the aggravation of others intruding in our lives…grr!!! Friday we finally found new living room, dining room and the guest bedroom furniture. That is supposed to be delivered on the 23. Our flooring is supposed to be in late this afternoon or Wednesday. And our cabinets…well let's just say Mike is mad that we didn't pick up Home Depot cabinets because we would have had a kitchen by now. So today we are in wait mode and it is not fun.
Back to what we have been doing.
Once the ceiling swirl texture dried we painted the ceilings with a white ceiling paint. We had two rollers going at the same time since ceiling painting is literally a pain in the neck, lol:
Mike rolling out the hallway ceiling:
Now that the ceilings are done and we painted a coat of primer on the walls it's time for color. Yes Mike and I are finally doing some color, lol.
Mike painting the living room:
And the section by the built ins:
We got the living room and the hallway primed and painted…and it still needed another coat of paint. That's it. No more priming of walls when we still had to paint the color on twice. It's just a waste of time and money. On a good note we used Behr paint for the first time and it was a very good rolling paint. We had no splatter issues:)
Finished painting for now:
Next up…time for some lights. We seem to have found a new issue with this house. Mike went up into the attic hatch…at least he tried to. Our roof is so low that there is no room for "any" attic work at all. This means that there is no way to run any new wires without taking off the roof or busting through some ceilings. At least it won't blow off in a hurricane, lol. I'm guessing that is what it was built to withstand. Thankfully someone at one time got the A/C in.
We found a solution for a very low profile light in the hallway. It is very cool:
It doesn't hang down far and it works perfect for what we need:
Next up…the new back door entrance light:
Adding the bulbs:
Yay one more light is up:
Mike talked me into it. It is driving him crazy that we still have the kitchen sink in place and we can't patch and paint that kitchen wall. I told him I would manage with one of the bathroom sinks, he's a lucky guy, lol. The sink is out:
Salvaging the plumbing:
Getting the rest of the cabinet out:
Ooh…Mike is cleaning up, lol. Usually he makes the messes while I clean.
Once the kitchen floor is cleaned up we were able to patch the walls and give them a quick coat of primer….hey we had some leftover, lol.
Now for the main kitchen light. We had a problem with this area because the original electrical for the light was not centered in the kitchen ceiling. Mike had no way of centering it with the way this house is built. We got lucky and found a pendant light set that has a 3 foot long holder for the electric…which means we don't have to center the existing electrical. Mike installs the new pendant lighting and shifts it down the the farthest point within the light fixture. That actually worked out perfect. It is now centered with the window and the Island. Now I just need to find globes.
The kitchen walls are ready for some color. Mike starts rolling:
While I do the cut in:
The painting is complete. The last light is going over the sink area:
Wow we have a lot of bulbs in this house, lol:
That's all for now. The house is clean and ready for us to do some more put together work. Now if we could only get the materials here.
Have a great week….and I will post again next Monday.