Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Nicole's Kitchen Remodel…Part 6

The New Backsplash

Nicole chose a new tile:


After we got back from FL I went to town with her to pick up the tile.

Mike starts off by spreading the mortar on the wall:


Making it thick to cover the grooves from the previous mess:



Nicole starts adding her new tile:



Looking a little more neutral:)



Nicole working in the corner:



Almost done with this side of the kitchen:



The new tile is on the wall:




Nicole finished the other side on her own and sent me a picture:



Nicole has a few steps before anything can be caulked.  This is a tumbled marble tile.  Nicole said the tile needs to be sealed, then do the grouting to fill in the holes on the tile, and then it needs to be resealed.  She got all of that done before Mike and I went back.


Mike did the caulking for her:




Yay…the kitchen is finished and Nicole is happy again:)



Nicole's kitchen went from:
to:

to:



And from:

to:


to:




I hope you enjoyed this update.  Now it's time to order my new counter:)


Have a great week.

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!!!!!

    Deb Cheever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The kitchen came out incredible! Enjoy it Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks much better....a very good choice in tile.

    What a difference......thanks for the before and after photos.....really helps visualize.

    Now to publish in Better Homes & Gardens. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love the before and "before" and after photos:)

      Delete
  4. The new backsplash looks good. You have confirmed my dislike for the little glass tiles. I think they were a fad, but I'm sorry she had to do hers twice. I'm in the market for a backsplash myself, and Nicole's experience helped me figure out what I want. gentlearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine also. Just a quick fix. I posted Nicole's tile as travertine. She corrected me as she bought tumbled marble. Just in case you look for what she has:)

      Delete
  5. Glad to see it finished and all are happy. What an improvement from where it started.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Final version much improved she even learned some valuable lessons along the way great job y'all! Jaxson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaxson. Good to see you. I need to catch up:)

      Delete
  7. Puts my kitchen to shame. I enjoyed looking at the progress. It is a beautiful kitchen, something you would see out of Home and Gardens. Enjoy!! Smilin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I know Nicole is really happy with it.

      Delete
  8. I liked both of them but the lighter color is really better overall. I'm strange like that though.....lol.

    AnnieA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking to see if you guys are still alive....it's been almost two weeks, and we really miss our M&L World updates. I figured with good weather, there would be tons of stuff being done around the homestead.
    How are the saplings taking? Sometimes its a crap-shoot with those small trees.

    Any new projects....or just working on the ones you have, such as the gardens?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very busy right now. Life is a bit upside down right now. I will catch up soon. On a good note…we bought a winter project:)

      Please DM me on CD:)

      Delete