Monday, May 5, 2014

English Muffin Toasting Bread


My stepdaughter and out two grands come ever Sunday for breakfast.  I try to come up with new ideas to make for them or at least have their favorites.  This week I made an English muffin toasting bread to go with our eggs and side meats.

I made a loaf the night before so I could just toast it up the next morning.  I think it turned out very well for an easy bread.  It is best toasted.


Ingredients:

I know bread has such exciting ingredients with wonderful colors, lol….

  • 3 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon instant yeast
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil


Sift the dry ingredients together.  Add the wet ingredients to a glass bowl and heat in microwave until warmer than luke warm.  Pour warm wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.  Mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.  It will be very sticky.  It is also much easier to use a stand mixer if you have one.  I do not and ended up with dough all over my mixer as it climbed up the beaters while mixing.  What a mess that was, lol.





Once the dough is mixed add it to a greased bread pan:





Place an oil greased piece of saran wrap over the top:




Proof, let it rise in a warm spot, for 45 minutes.  If you do not have a warm spot you can turn your oven on the lowest setting and place a wooden mixing spoon across the door to keep the oven door slightly open.  Then you can place the pan inside the oven.  Or…you can put  your pan on top of the dryer if you have clothes drying:)




After your bread has doubled in size put it in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden on top:




Let it cool for 5 minutes and take it out of the pan:





That's it.  This a super easy yeast bread that doesn't require kneading.  Slice it and toast it.  It doesn't have as many nooks and crannies as an English Muffin but the taste is close.

Enjoy.



Now for my regular followers.  I switched my regular post for today as my stepdaughter and I are doing our big garden shopping tomorrow:):) and I will post that and more on Thursday.



Have a great week.

Lisa:)

No comments:

Post a Comment